- Client’s history.
- To be done before first session for ±30 minutes.
- In case of adolescents the presence of a caregiver during first anamnesis is requested.
- Get to know each other. Clients are sitting (on the floor or chair depending on their physical capacities) in a circle. All tell their names, state of mind and body
- Each client tells their name, maybe expressed with movement.
- of the different body parts, chest stretching arms up and rolling forward down starting from the head, clapping, tapping one’s face with fingers tips, and the use of imagery such as, ‘lean your head to the side as if someone will kiss your cheeks’. Stretching arms, torso, hip joints, legs and feet.
- Breathing techniques: sense of well-being. Helping clients who have difficulties with feeling their own breath.
- Grounding: inviting client to connect with the floor (earth connection). To feel the feet on the ground and how they are anchored on the floor. This provides clients physical self-awareness and a sense of being ‘here’ and ‘now’.
- Self-touch (if client allows): taping gently different body parts (chest, belly, arms, legs, feet). It helps clients to become aware of the wholeness of their bodies. Integration of body and mind.
- Music: connects clients to rhythm, sound and own physical and emotional expression.