- Client’s history.
- To be done before first session for ±30 minutes.
- Presence of a caregiver during first anamnesis is required.
- For accurate treatment plans and follow up’s, therapist may continue to request the presence of caregivers.
- Children stands or sits.
- Children introduces state of mind with movement.
- Warm-up: body parts upper/lower, use of imagery such as, ‘lean your head to the side as if someone will kiss your cheeks’.
- Stretching: arms, torso, legs and hip joints.
- Breathing techniques: towards a sense of well-being.
- Grounding: physical consciousness of lower body part such as bending legs, touch knees, bend forward with arms and circling around with knees bended, bending and stretching legs, stamping feet on floor, etc. This provides client physical self-awareness and a sense of being ‘here’ and ‘now’.
- Use of music: supports client to connect rhythmically to sound and own physical expression.