- Client’s history.
- To be done before first session for ±30 minutes.
- In case of adolescents the presence of a caregiver during first anamnesis is required.
- Get to know each other. Client sits on the floor or chair depending on his/her physical capacity. Time to listen to and perceive of what happens.
- Client stands or sits. Expresses name with movement.
- of the different body parts: chest stretching, arms up and rolling forward down starting from the head, clapping, tapping one’s face with fingers tips, and the use of imagery such as, ‘lean your head to the side as if someone will kiss your cheeks’. Stretching arms, torso, hip joints, legs and feet.
- Breathing techniques: sense of well-being.
- Grounding: connecting with the floor (earth connection). Awareness of the lower body part, client is asked to bend forward (rolling of the spine slowly) releasing arms and head, stamping feet on floor, feeling how the feet are anchored on the floor. This provides client physical self-awareness and a sense of being ‘here’ and ‘now’.
- Touching body parts (chest, belly, arms, legs, feet). It helps client to become aware of his/her body. Integration of body and mind. Facilitating clients who have difficulties with feeling their own breath.
- Music: connects client to rhythm, sound and own physical and emotional expression.